For all enquiries please see link to BJBA (Junior’s) website: www.berkshirejuniorbadminton.co.uk
Berkshire Junior Badminton Association is a club with a long tradition of over 40 years, with the first Berkshire open tournament taking place in 1972.
We have grown to over 200 players and train at 3 different venues.
In 2014 our Under 17 team had its best ever National performance finishing 5th in the Inter County Challenge, which is made up of all 48 Counties
In 2018 our Under 12 team won the Under 12 County Shires League final and are therefore the top Under 12 team in the country.
How BJBA works:
Our Head Coach will appraise the level of every player. Players may move up, down or from Pathway to Performance Centre or visa-versa. Usually changes will be made before the new term sessions begin and are discussed with both player and parents. Some players can remain in the same squad for a season or more before moving to another squad. Please ask about your son or daughter if you require clarification on their performance in their respective squad.
We have a total of 10 squads within the BJBA Pathway and Performance Centre. Training sessions are run during the week and at weekends depending on the squad.
The squads are broken up into two sections PERFORMANCE and PATHWAY and are shown on the list on the side of this page.
Our Performance Centre squads are by invitation and train 2 nights each week with a match play evening as well.
Pathway squads train once a week with the option of a match play evening.
Our Committment to you
- To help your son or daughter to achieve their maximum potential, whether this is through the Pathway or the Performance Centre routes.
- To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for your son or daughter to thrive.
- To actively encourage communication and encourage you to ask questions as players and parents.
- To provide quality coaching at all levels to help your child develop.
- To actively encourage a supportive team atmosphere and competitive play at local, regional, and national tournaments.
- To provide clear leadership and provide information on the development your son or daughter either formally in the Performance Centre via player appraisal or informally if in the pathway.
Your commitment to us
Your Commitment To Us :-
- Please turn up on time and ready to play with the correct equipment:
- Shorts/skirt and polo or T-shirt type top for playing.
- A pair of trainers reserved for indoor use only.
- A track suit for wearing to and from training and for the initial warm up.
- Bad behaviour if not corrected will result in the player being asked to leave.
- Approach each and every session in a positive frame of mind.
- To support your child in their desire to play badminton.
- To ensure they are “prepared” to play.
- To help him/her commit to the requirements of the Performance Centre.
- To actively seek and participate in discussion with the BJBA & Performance Centre.
- To pay termly the coaching fee promptly and in full.